- May 18, 2022 - May 19, 2022
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Effective February 7, 2022 FMCSA New Federal Motor Carrier Administration regulations require all new CDL drivers to complete a prescribed course of training prior to taking the skills test for the class of commercial driver’s license they are seeking.
Motor Carriers have questions on how they can provide driver training to their employees while staying compliant with the new federal regulations. This two day seminar will provide guidance to help you establish a new in-house driver training program that meets the new federal regulatory requirements.
Seminar Topics will include:
- • How to develop in-house company training for CDL drivers certification
- • Note: In-house trainer must have an active CDL with necessary endorsement in order to train other individuals
- • Instructions on registering on the FMCSA Training Provider registry
- • Instructor requirements (theory and behind the wheel)
- • Review required areas of instruction for new drivers
- • Evaluation and assessment of driver trainee candidates
- • Review areas of the FMCSR’s required for ELDT instruction
- • Regulatory requirements for documentation and record keeping
- • Driver retention techniques
Registration fees include: Lunch
Our Instructor: Norm Anger spent over three decades as a State Trooper including 25 years as a Sergeant assigned to the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Unit. His primary areas of focus included directing officers engaged in roadside inspections, commercial vehicle accidents, and HazMat incident investigations. Norm has also served as an Associate Staff Lead Instructor for the National Training Center in Washington, DC. The National Training Center is the education branch of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration responsible for training both state and federal roadside inspectors throughout the United States.
Hotel Discount Options
Receive discounted rates at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem Arpt-Allentown Area for $102.99/night for a standard room; $112.99/night for a suite.
Book your room online or call 1-877-666-3243 and request the PA Petroleum Association corporate rate.
Venue Phone: (484) 488-3549