- August 30, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The PPA is excited to partner with FMCSA and Pennsylvania State Police to offer a new educational opportunity to our membership. This concept will combine both classroom review and mock roadside inspections to assist HazMat transporters in understanding compliance requirements.
Classroom/Instructional Training (one hour)
- • Discuss Out of Service Criteria & top 5 violations for Commercial Vehicles and Drivers
- • Expectations of the driver and officer during a roadside inspection
- • Explain the different Levels of Inspections a driver/vehicle can undergo during a roadside inspection
- • DATAQ Process: How to challenge a violation documented on a roadside inspection report
Vehicle Inspection Demonstration (one hour)
- • Officer will conduct a Level 1 inspection on a CMV, to show attendee what to expect during a roadside inspection.
- • Demonstrate the CVSA Level 1 roadside inspection process
- • Review most common vehicle/driver/HazMat related vehicle violations discovered during a roadside inspection
- • Paperwork: Documents reviewed during a roadside inspection, including a discussion on ELDs.
(Will break into groups, first 30 minutes will have one group participating in the home heating oil tank CMV inspection demonstration while the other group will participate in a propane bobtail CMV inspection demonstration. After 30 minutes the groups will switch.)
Registration includes: Catered Lunch (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM)
Instructors: PA State Police Troopers
Venue: Pittsburgh Cranberry - Hilton Garden Inn