- August 2, 2023
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The PPA is excited to partner with FMCSA and Pennsylvania State Police to offer a new educational opportunity to our membership. This concept will combine both classroom review and mock roadside inspections to assist HazMat transporters in understanding compliance requirements.
Classroom/Instructional Training (one hour)
- • Discuss Out of Service Criteria & top 5 violations for Commercial Vehicles and Drivers
- • Expectations of the driver and officer during a roadside inspection
- • Explain the different Levels of Inspections a driver/vehicle can undergo during a roadside inspection
- • DATAQ Process: How to challenge a violation documented on a roadside inspection report
Vehicle Inspection Demonstration (one hour)
- • Various types of CMV’s (residental fuel oil, propane bobtail, and gasoline/diesel cargo tanker) we be present based upon location.
- • Officer will conduct a Level 1 inspection on a CMV, to show attendee what to expect during a roadside inspection.
- • Demonstrate the CVSA Level 1 roadside inspection process
- • Review most common vehicle/driver/HazMat related vehicle violations discovered during a roadside inspection
- • Paperwork: Documents reviewed during a roadside inspection, including a discussion on ELDs.
Registration includes: Catered Lunch (12:00 PM – 1:00 PM)
Instructors: PA State Trooper Brooks & Motor Carrier Enforcement Officer McCardle
Venue: York - Shipley Energy