- August 22, 2022 - August 26, 2022
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Primarily focuses on safely and efficiently servicing, troubleshooting, and repairing basic propane appliances. For the purpose of this course, basic propane appliances are defined as simple appliances that do not have advanced controls and complex electronic ignition systems. They may have simple electronic ignition systems, such as those found in many ranges. They include 120/24 V and DC millivolt systems.
Registration includes the following:
- • Lunch
- • CETP 4.5 Basic Appliance Service & Troubleshooting book
- • Exam
- • Skills Assessment
Course objectives include:
- • Follow safety procedures.
- • Promote positive customer relations.
- • Apply systematic troubleshooting techniques.
- • Interpret electrical control circuit diagrams for basic appliances.
- • Measure simple temperature, pressure, and gas concentration.
- • Identify operating characteristics and typical problems of common sensing devices in basic appliances to
- facilitate troubleshooting.
- • Identify operating characteristics and typical problems of common controls and components in basic propane
- appliances to facilitate troubleshooting, including:
- • Transformers
- • Relays and contactors
- • Motors and capacitors
- • Wall thermostats
- • Limit and fan controls
- • Ignition systems
- • Gas control valves
- • Troubleshoot electrical circuits and components of basic propane appliances.
- • Perform preventive maintenance for basic propane appliances.
- • Troubleshoot appliances after emergency calls to determine source of propane leaks, odor complaints, and carbon monoxide complaints.
Requirements for Certification include the following:
- • Prerequisite: 1.0 BP&P Certification completed within 12 months of passing the exam
- • Prerequisite: 4.4. Basic Electricity for Propane Appliance Service Certification completed within 12 months of passing the exam
- • Passing score on 4.5 Basic Propane Appliance Service and Troubleshooting exam
- • Complete 4.5 Basic Propane Appliance Service and Troubleshooting Skills Assessment – Skills Assessment will now be included as a part of the class! Learn more by clicking here.
Our Instructor: Wayne Forsyth has done just about every job imaginable in his 40+ year career. Starting out as an apprentice gas fitter and working his way up to service technician, service supervisor, technical trainer and finally as the Safety Program Manager for one of the largest propane and oil marketers in the New England area. During that time his responsibilities included development of training programs for service, delivery, CSR’s , plant and warehouse personal. He was also responsible for writing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOP’s). His knowledge and experience is hard to match. Combine that with a passionate desire to pass on that knowledge and you have a dynamic trainer who believes in a hands on approach to learning.
Hotel Discount Options
Receive discounted rates at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East for a special rate of $83/night. Book online or make your reservation by contacting them at (717) 939-1600 and request the PA Petroleum Association room block.
Receive discounted rates at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott for $119/night. Room code S6627.
Receive discounted rates at the Red Lion Hotel for $77/night. Book your room online or call (717) 939-7841 and request the PA Petroleum Association room block.
Venue: Middletown - Holiday Inn