- July 31, 2023 - August 3, 2023
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Primarily focuses on safely and efficiently working with the electrical components in basic propane appliances. For the purpose of this course, basic propane appliances are defined as simple appliances that do not have advanced controls and complex electronic ignition systems. They may have simple electronic ignition systems, such as those found in many ranges. They include 120/24 V and DC millivolt systems.
Registration includes the following:
- • Lunch
- • CETP 4.4 Basic Electricity for Propane Appliance Service book
- • Exam
- • Skills Assessment
Course objectives include:
- • Follow safety procedures.
- • Interpret electrical control circuit diagrams for basic appliances.
- • Use a digital multimeter.
- • Measure voltage, resistance and current at any point in an electrical circuit.
- • Identify functions and operating characteristics of common sensing devices in basic appliances.
- • Identify functions and operating characteristics of common controls and components in basic propane appliances.
- • Troubleshoot electrical circuits
Requirements for Certification include the following:
- Prerequisite: 1.0 BP&P Certification completed within 12 months of passing the exam
- Passing score on 4.4 Basic Electricity for Propane Appliance Service exam
- Complete 4.4 Basic Electricity for Propane Appliance Service Skills Assessment – Skills Assessment will now be included as a part of the class! Learn more by clicking here.
Our Instructor: Wayne Forsyth has done just about every job imaginable in his 40+ year career. Starting out as an apprentice gas fitter and working his way up to service technician, service supervisor, technical trainer and finally as the Safety Program Manager for one of the largest propane and oil marketers in the New England area. During that time his responsibilities included development of training programs for service, delivery, CSR’s, plant and warehouse personal. He was also responsible for writing and implementing standard operating procedures (SOP’s). His knowledge and experience is hard to match. Combine that with a passionate desire to pass on that knowledge and you have a dynamic trainer who believes in a hands on approach to learning.
PPATEC is pleased to partner with local hotels that are in close proximity to our primary training venues. Our hotel partners offer student discounted rates on overnight accommodations. Please see the link below to visit our hotel partners page.
Venue Phone: (717) 939-1781
Venue Website: https://www.papetroleum.org/Address:
911B South Eisenhower Blvd
Middletown, PA 17057