- February 28, 2023 - March 3, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Primarily focuses on the interior portions of the piping system and on the checks and tests required when installing new piping and regulators or restoring service to an existing vapor distribution system.
Registration includes the following:
- • CETP 4.2 Placing Vapor Distribution Systems & Appliances into Service
- • Exam
Course objectives include:
- • Identify the different vapor distribution system and appliance checks and tests and recognize the steps to perform
- • Explain the general procedure for placing a vapor distribution system into operation and when to make the final
- connection to turn on the system.
- • Identify how to validate container, pipe and tubing, regulator, and vapor meter installations.
- • Understand the importance of proper venting, combustion air, and purging.
- • Identify appliance controls and safety devices and understand their purpose.
- • Understand the basic characteristics of burning propane to include the components of a burner, air adjustments, and flame abnormalities.
- • Understand the importance of communicating customer safety information.
Requirements for Certification include the following:
- • Prerequisite: 1.0 BP&P Certification completed within 12 months of passing the exam
- • Passing score on 4.2 Placing VDS and Appliances into Operation exam
- • Completed 4.2 Placing VDS and Appliances
Individuals will be able to take the skills assessment to complete the final action required in order to receive the certification. To learn more about the required skills assessment, please click here
Skills Assessment Topics Will Include:
- Section 1: Vapor Distribution System Installations
- Section 2: Identify Appliances in Vapor Distribution Systems
- Section 3: Identify Venting Requirements and Validate Combustion Air Requirements
- Section 4: Perform a Leak Check
- Section 5: Purge Air from a Piping System
- Section 6: Perform Appliance Startup
- Section 7: Identify Appliance Controls and Safety Devices and Perform a Spillage Test
- Section 8: Identify Burning Characteristics of Propane
- Section 9: Explain Company Policies and Procedures Related to an Uncontrolled Release of Propane
Our Instructor: Eric Leskinen is veteran of the industry. Eric has over 30 years of experience with career progression from field operations to corporate direction. He has designed, managed, and executed safety training and compliance programs for multi-state companies with up to 1,100 employees. As a true compliance and safety specialist, his background and skill set is invaluable to propane marketers.
PPATEC is pleased to partner with local hotels that are in close proximity to our primary training venues. Our hotel partners offer student discounted rates on overnight accommodations. Please see the link below to visit our hotel partners page.