- February 22, 2023 - February 27, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Primarily focuses on designing and installing the exterior portions of a vapor distribution system for both residential and small commercial markets.
Registration includes the following:
- • CETP 4.1 Installing Exterior Vapor Distribution Systems book
- • Exam
Course objectives include:
- • Properly determine an effective system load.
- • Identify factors affecting selection of a properly-sized container.
- • Select and install an appropriate container for a vapor distribution system.
- • Identify requirements for establishing a container location.
- • Identify how to properly select, size, and install pipe and tubing for a vapor distribution system.
- • Explain how to analyze and prevent corrosion.
- • Identify the steps to sizing, selecting, and installing regulators.
- • Describe how to properly select and install a vapor meter.
- • Discuss primary special installations that correspond with a vapor distribution system.
Requirements for Certification include the following:
- • Prerequisite: 1.0 BP&P Certification completed within 12 months of passing the exam
- • Passing score on 4.1 Design & Install VDS exam
- • Completed 4.1 Design & Install VDS Skills Assessment returned to testing center within 12 months of passing the exam
Individuals will complete the skills assessment to complete the final action required in order to receive the certification. To learn more about the required skills assessment, please click here
Skills Assessment Topics Will Include:
- Section 1: Design Vapor Distribution Systems: Containers and Lines
- Section 2: Design Vapor Distribution Systems: Regulators and Meters
- Section 3: Prepare System Components for Transport
- Section 4: Install Containers
- Section 5: Install Lines
- Section 6: Install Regulators and Meters
- Section 7: Container to Container Transfers and Systems Tests
Class will not be held on Saturday or Sunday.
Our Instructor: Eric Leskinen is veteran of the industry. Eric has over 30 years of experience with career progression from field operations to corporate direction. He has designed, managed, and executed safety training and compliance programs for multi-state companies with up to 1,100 employees. As a true compliance and safety specialist, his background and skill set is invaluable to propane marketers.
PPATEC is pleased to partner with local hotels that are in close proximity to our primary training venues. Our hotel partners offer student discounted rates on overnight accommodations. Please see the link below to visit our hotel partners page.
Venue Phone: (717) 939-1781
Venue Website: https://www.papetroleum.org/Address:
911B South Eisenhower Blvd
Middletown, PA 17057