- August 29, 2022 - August 30, 2022
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Basic Principles and Practices is a prerequisite to the more advanced classes. The full-color CETP Basic Principles and Practices of Propane course offers an “entry level” course that provides pre-requisite instruction about propane’s physical and combustion properties, and how propane is produced and transported.
Some of the other topics covered are:
- • Organizations that influence publish or enforce codes and standards
- • How basic functions are performed in a bulk plant, including primary safety concerns, and customer service
- • Odorants and service interruptions
- • Complete and incomplete combustion characteristics, and much more.
Individuals will also take the skills assessment to complete the final action required in order to receive the certification. To learn more about the required skills assessment, please click here
Skills Assessment Topics Will Include:
- Section 1: Identify Propane Codes & Regulations and Verify Product Specifications and Personal Safety
- Section 2: Odorants, Service Interruptions, and Characteristics of Carbon Monoxide
- Section 3: Identify Emergency Equipment and Procedures and the Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers
- Section 4: Dot Cylinders and Propane Piping System Components
Registration includes the following:
- • Lunch
- • Basic Principles and Practices of Propane Book
- • Exam
Our Instructor: Wes Sheppard, Senior Consultant – Safety & Training
Hotel Discount Options
Receive discounted rates at the Holiday Inn Harrisburg East for a special rate of $83/night. Book online or make your reservation by contacting them at (717) 939-1600 and request the PA Petroleum Association room block.
Receive discounted rates at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott for $119/night. Room code S6627.
Receive discounted rates at the Red Lion Hotel for $77/night. Book your room online or call (717) 939-7841 and request the PA Petroleum Association room block.