- February 20, 2023 - February 21, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Basic Principles and Practices is a prerequisite to the more advanced classes. The full-color CETP Basic Principles and Practices of Propane course offers an “entry level” course that provides pre-requisite instruction about propane’s physical and combustion properties, and how propane is produced and transported.
Some of the other topics covered are:
- • Organizations that influence publish or enforce codes and standards
- • How basic functions are performed in a bulk plant, including primary safety concerns, and customer service
- • Odorants and service interruptions
- • Complete and incomplete combustion characteristics, and much more.
Individuals will also take the skills assessment to complete the final action required in order to receive the certification. To learn more about the required skills assessment, please click here
Skills Assessment Topics Will Include:
- Section 1: Identify Propane Codes & Regulations and Verify Product Specifications and Personal Safety
- Section 2: Odorants, Service Interruptions, and Characteristics of Carbon Monoxide
- Section 3: Identify Emergency Equipment and Procedures and the Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers
- Section 4: Dot Cylinders and Propane Piping System Components
Registration includes the following:
- • Lunch
- • Basic Principles and Practices of Propane Book
- • Exam
Our Instructor: Wes Sheppard, Senior Consultant – Safety & Training
PPATEC is pleased to partner with local hotels that are in close proximity to our primary training venues. Our hotel partners offer student discounted rates on overnight accommodations. Please see the link below to visit our hotel partners page.